Do not take RICINO OIL ORRAVAN :
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to castor oil
- Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from inflammatory colon diseases (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease ...)
- If you suffer from abdominal pain of unknown origin, as it could mask a clinical picture
- In situations where intestinal transit is hindered or impeded, such as
intestinal obstruction or intestinal obstruction, digestive tract stenosis, paralytic ileus, ileus
spastic, fecal impaction.
- If you suffer from nausea, vomiting, cramps and abdominal pain, as they could be symptoms of
- If you have a clinical situation of dehydration with loss of fluids and electrolytes.
nausea or vomiting
Warnings and cautions
Before starting treatment, the patient must be properly hydrated and their levels of
electrolytes to be normal.RICHINO OIL ORRAVAN is a strong laxative-purgative,
which can cause dehydration, hydrolytic imbalance and hypokalemia,
- Prolonged use of laxatives should be avoided. If you need to use laxatives with
regularly, the cause of constipation should be evaluated.
- This medicine is indicated to be taken at one time, despite the abuse of
laxatives, can damage bowel function, typical symptoms such as pain may appear
abdominal, weakness, fatigue, thirst, vomiting, bone pain (due to osteomalacia) imbalance of
fluids and electrolytes and diarrhea. Likewise, intestinal transit is accelerated, being able to produce
a reduction in nutrient absorption. Although the intestine is not damaged
permanently, it may take several months to readjust the intestine to normal.
- Castor oil should be used only when it has not been possible to achieve a function
normal bowel movement by changing your eating habits or using laxatives
fecal mass such as plantain.
- In general, laxatives should be used with caution in the elderly because they can
exacerbate states of weakness, hypotension and psychomotor incoordination.
- The use of the drug in children under 12 years of age is not recommended, as it is not
there are adequate studies to establish the safety and efficacy of the treatment.
If symptoms persist or worsen during use of the medicine, consult your
doctor or pharmacist.
Using RICINO OIL ORRAVAN with other medicines:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have taken or might have to take
any other medication.
D ue to this type of laxatives decreases intestinal transit time, using
Simultaneous use of other drugs with this laxative can decrease their absorption.
- The simultaneous use of castor oil with: Antiarrhythmics such as:
- Diuretics, adrenocorticoids or liquorice root preparations because it can enhance the
loss of potassium.
- Digitalis (medicines that increase the rate of contraction of the heart) due to
risk of causing hypokalemia that favors their toxic effects.
Pregnancy, lactation and fertility
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you think you may be pregnant or have
intending to become pregnant, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this
The stimulating effects of castor oil can cause uterine contractions in
pregnant women. RICHIN OIL ORRAVAN should not be used during
There is insufficient information regarding the excretion of castor oil in the
breastmilk. It is recommended not to use this medicine while breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines:
No studies on the effects on the ability to drive and use have been performed.
Follow exactly the instructions of administration of this medicine indicated by your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist again.
The recommended dose is
Adults 25 ml in a single dose
RICINO OIL ORRAVAN is administered on an empty stomach in the morning.
It can be taken mixed with milk, fruit juice or refrigerated carbonated drinks, which improves tolerance.
Evacuation occurs between 2 and 6 hours after taking castor oil.
recommends taking the medicine late in the day or before bed
Use in children and adolescents
Do not use in children under 12 years
In general, laxatives should be used with caution in the elderly because they can aggravate states of weakness, hypotension, and psychomotor incoordination.
If you take more RICHINO OIL ORRAVAN
There may be a worsening of the described adverse effects, gastrointestinal irritation,
diarrhea and loss of fluids and electrolytes. In these cases, symptomatic treatment will be carried out
necessary, with rehydration and restoration of fluids and electrolytes in case of
significant loss of fluids.
If I forget to take RICINO OIL ORRAVAN
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking RICINO OIL ORRAVAN
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects.
although not all people suffer it.
Nausea, vomiting, cramping pain, abdominal pain, and severe diarrhea can occur. I know
the frequency of occurrence of these effects is unknown. If these or other reactions occur
adverse reactions not mentioned above, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Communication of adverse effects
If you experience any kind of side effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist,
even if it is about side effects that do not appear in this leaflet. also can
communicate them directly through the Spanish Pharmacovigilance System of
Medicines for Human Use, Website: www.notificaram.es
By reporting side effects you can help provide more
information on the safety of this medicine.