ACTION AND DESCRIPTION
Food supplement in liquid form based on silicon, methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), zinc and selenium. With sweetener.
CONSERVATION AND EXPIRATION
Store in a cool, dry place. Expiration: 27 months
Purified water, polyethylene glycol, methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), silicic acid, zinc chloride, potassium chloride, acidity corrector (citric acid), sweetener (sucralose), sodium seleniate.
In daily doses (10 drops):
Stabilized silicon 5 mg
Methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM) 30 mg
Zinc 4.5 mg
Selenium 55 mcg
MODE OF USE
Take 10 drops a day, in half a glass (100 ml) of water or fruit juice, preferably with breakfast. Drink immediately.
PROPOSAL of the CC to include it in food supplements: MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)
Related to Dimethylsulfone (DMSO2)
AECOSAN has proposed a maximum daily amount for 1 g methylsulfonylmethane.
Various health claims of amounts between 0.5 and 1.5 g/day of methylsulfonylmethane have been submitted to EFSA for the entire population in general, including:
(1) contribution to collagen synthesis in cartilage and normal maintenance of bone structures, joints, teeth, hair and nails;
(2) cartilage regeneration;
(3) maintenance of the acid-based balance in the body;
(4) strengthening immune system function;
(5) strengthening the function of the gastrointestinal system;
(6) contribution to cysteine synthesis; And
(7) vitamin production (C, H, B5, B13) which contributes to a correct function of metabolism, although none of these proposals demonstrated a cause-and-effect relationship between the alleged effect and the proposed dose (EFSA, 2010).
- In Italy methylsulfonylmethane is authorised in food supplements without having established a maximum daily amount (Italy, 2013).
- In Belgium methylsulfonylmethane is authorised in food supplements (Belgium, 2013).
Methylsulfonylmethane, also known as dimethyl sulfone (DMSO2) and methyl sulfone, is an organic compound containing sulfur (34%), highly stable even at high temperatures (275 oC), present in small quantities in a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, cereal grains, meat, eggs and fish (Pearson et al., 1981).
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
This product is not a medicine but a dietary supplement. Do not use as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Stay out of reach of younger children.
USE IN PATIENTS WITH FOOD INTOLERANCE
Suitable for celiacs and people with egg and milk allergy or intolerance.
Does not contain a source of phenylalanine.
Contains a soy source.