SOLARAY SELENIUM 50 MCG 100 CAPSULES
Selenium supplement in Solaray. Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- The main function of Selenium in the body is as a constituent of glutation peroxidase, an important antioxidant enzyme.
- It is involved in the elimination of free peroxides and radicals, toxic to the membranes of blood cells, liver cells and other tissues and protects against the toxic effects of metals such as Cadmium, Mercury, Lead and Arsenic.
- Selenium acts synergistically with vitamins E, A and C in its antioxidant actions. It emphasizes its antioxidant protection at the eye level and in the skin, helping to neutralize the free radicals produced by UVA rays.
- Selenium is necessary for the proper formation and mobility of sperm, for the maintenance of the immune system, for the production of thyroid hormones, for the health of hair and nails and can contribute to alleviating hot flashes and discomfort caused by menopause.
- Vegetarians and people with metabolic disorders, heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes are susceptible to Selenium deficiency, and it has also been observed that in rheumatic patients and certain cancers there are low levels of Selenium in the body.
How to use
Take one capsule of Selenium a day during the meal or with a glass of water.